ADVERTISEMENT

Pulse Jury: Rita Dominic Stands Trial In The Court Of Pulse!

With the crime comes the police, and the court takes the next turn, but the jury pass the judgement!

Hello all! Welcome to Pulse Jury, our debate column where the bright minds of pulse.ng are pitched against each other in fierce debate on specially selected topics that affect us all, and the quality of our lifestyle.

In this edition, Rita Dominic comes to court over her attire at the recent Dubai fashion-fest that the wedding of the year coughed up for our delight. Rita made an appearance in an outfit that keeps polarisng opinions. Negative? Positive? We can’t tell. But we do have our opinions set on it, and we need a judge which is…YOU! Don’t be alarmed, you’re the judge here and for jury, you have the distinguished columnists of pulse.ng take time out to give you the arguments.

Today we have two opposing pen-fighters. Joey and Onna do the duel for your pleasure. So here we go. Grab your wig, gavel and law book. Throw on your intelligent hat. Because you have judgment to pass on Rita Dominic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rita Dominichas never been afraid to push the envelope when it comes to fashion (remember the AMVCA dress?!) and boy did she push it with this outfit! As an accomplished actress, Rita looked every inch the old-Hollywood star exuding the grace and glamour which we so love about that era.

Shying away from the ubiquitous dress and fancy weave which the good women of Lagos have rocked in every manner imaginable, Rita looked like a breath of fresh air in her nautical-inspired outfit...and that hat...fabulously retro!

It would have been nice if the trousers were a little more tailored and a tad more cropped so we can get a peek of the fabulous shoes I'm sure she had on. Also pearl earrings and a pop of gold somewhere would have been great to complete the retro-meets-nautical-look but all the same, Rita still looked gorgeous! Its kudos all the way for me!

I REST MY CASE!

ADVERTISEMENT

Rita Dominichas always been one to make modesty seem a chore. She creeps around balls and events looking like the elder sister that keeps all together and neat. But we see through her!

An accomplished screen diva has no business with looking like a throwback to the dull, uninspired ways of the past. She’s supposed to be the graceful link to the future and not the awkward goody-two-shoes grannie that reminds us that sexy is tacky.

The hat is dull black! Dull black seems to give the subconscious mind messages of negativity and a funereal effect that takes away the gleam of the event. The jacket’s colouring is cool (I grudgingly admit), but the design is not worthy of her status. It is poorly crafted and brings to mind images of mediocrity and the average. The trousers gave the coup de grace, with artistry that borders on bland.

In conclusion, she got it all wrong. In no fashion book will she tick any right box. I propose a negative verdict, and full punishment for her fashion crime.

I rest my case!

ADVERTISEMENT

That is the end of the arguments. Now give judgment. Write your verdict in the comment box. COOOOUUUURRRRTTTT!

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.
ADVERTISEMENT

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng

Recommended articles

itel takes S24 smartphone to Nigerian campuses with MTN, Imagine Cinemas and Google

itel takes S24 smartphone to Nigerian campuses with MTN, Imagine Cinemas and Google

3 things you can do on your wedding day if you can't dance

3 things you can do on your wedding day if you can't dance

Are men biologically wired to crave multiple partners?

Are men biologically wired to crave multiple partners?

5 things nobody tells you about giving birth

5 things nobody tells you about giving birth

7 signs your body might be lacking nutrients

7 signs your body might be lacking nutrients

Explainer: Understanding the naming system for hurricanes, typhoons & cyclones

Explainer: Understanding the naming system for hurricanes, typhoons & cyclones

This sleeping position causes bad dreams and sleep paralysis, according to scientists

This sleeping position causes bad dreams and sleep paralysis, according to scientists

What the shark and your vagina have in common

What the shark and your vagina have in common

Here are the top 10 most visited places in Ghana

Here are the top 10 most visited places in Ghana

Top 5 body lotions for dark-skinned people that won't bleach

Top 5 body lotions for dark-skinned people that won't bleach

5 food substitutes lactose intolerant people should know

5 food substitutes lactose intolerant people should know

Ask Pulse: I'm so confused, I don't know who impregnated me

Ask Pulse: I'm so confused, I don't know who impregnated me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT