Anger is a very powerful emotion. Left unchecked, it is capable of ruining lives. So, we need to learn to deal with it properly.
This emotion is so powerful that it can make any sane person do things that they normally would never consider. No wonder,the Greek language describes it as the strongest of all passions.
It also makes senses that the Bible would warn us against it.“Man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires” (James 1:20).
Left unchecked, it is capable of ruining lives, homes and dreams hence, the need to know how to manage it properly.
Here are 5 Bible verses on how to deal with your anger.
1. Ephesians 4:26 -27 says, "Go ahead and be angry. You do well to be angry—but don’t use your anger as fuel
for revenge. And don’t stay angry. Don’t go to bed angry. Don’t give the Devil that kind of foothold
in your life."
2. Psalm 107:19-20 advises us to call on God when we are angry saying, "Then you called out to God in your desperate condition; he got you out in the nick of time. He spoke the word that healed you, that pulled you back from the brink of death."
3. Romans 12:19 tells us not to strike back when we are angry saying, "Don’t hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you’ve got it in you, get along with everybody. Don’t insist on getting even; that’s not for you to do. “I’ll do the judging,” says God. “I’ll take care of it.”
4. Proverbs 12:18 tells us to be careful with what we say when we are angry saying, "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."
ALSO READ: Keep your anger in check
5. 2 Timothy 4:5 urges us to do our best to remain calm no matter what saying, "But as for you, be clear-headed in every situation [stay calm and cool and steady], endure every hardship [without flinching], do the work of an evangelist, fulfill [the duties of] your ministry."