There is only one word for the new 2017 Range Rover Velar, that word is spectacular!
Here is why:
1. The name is a comeback: Velar, reportedly from the Latin for sail or veiled, was originally used on the world's first SUV in 1970.
2. The design is unique: According to Telegraph, Massimo Frascella, Land Rover's exterior creative director, the goal was to change the design for this new model. "We wanted to elevate Range Rover's design DNA to a new level. We were looking for a new level of simplicity, with the flush door handles and slim LED lights. This will do so much for Range Rover," he said.
3. The name influenced the design: "We wanted an emphasis on the classic Range Rover proportions. The short front overhangs and long tail give an incredible elegance, moving the emphasis rearward like luxury yachts... There's nothing quite like it," Frascella said.
4. It is designed for families: Although, the Velar is mid-sized, it has five seats, which make it perfect for families.
5. This model comes with four engines options: There is a 2.0-litre diesel that produces 180 and 240PS, 2.0-litre turbo petrol unit that gives out 250PS and a 380PS, 300PS 3.0-litre V6 diesel, and 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine. These churn out top speeds of 130mph to 155mph, 0-60mph from 8.4sec to 5.3secs.
Note: This new model does not come cheap. It is expected to go for £44,830 (N17M) to £85,450 (N32.7M.)
In the words of Frascella, the exterior creative director: "It's a great product at the end where all three disciplines were working at a very high level in terms of design. The blade, the feel of the interior, the exterior, how it's so beautiful and the materials are challenging lot of traditional conventions. It's a really awesome thing."
I definitely agree, don't you?